Social Media MarketingOver 76% of U.S. adults using the internet engage on one or more social media platforms according to data from Pew Research (update: 83% of Americans have now a social media account). The impact of social media transcends almost every aspect of our daily lives—work, politics, breaking news, and more. Participation in social media is no longer an option; it’s a necessity. You need to be where your audience is, and that's on social!
Build your brand with Social Media Marketing
Social Media Marketing should become a major part of your online strategy. How you will approach Social Media, and what type of actions you need to take depends on the business you are in (services vs products), your target audience (their age, location, interests, etc.), the goals you need to accomplish (engagement vs sales vs building your brand, etc.), the deadlines you have set to make things happen, your budget, and a variety of other factors that you need to take into consideration. You need to select the right channels, and then take the appropriate necessary steps for that specific channel.
Social media is not a one-fit-all solution. Every medium (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Snapchat, etc.) has its own dynamic and you need to act accordingly. What works on Facebook, may not work on Pinterest, etc. For businesses who approach social media marketing for the first time, the whole process may seem confusing. This is why it is important to talk to a professional who will give you guidance, provide you with shortcuts, and explain what social media you need to focus on based on the type of business you are in, your target audience, and why.
Social Media data is important for business decisions
For the sceptics who still believe that social media marketing is not for them, here are a few statistics from Hootsuite that may change your opinion:
- 48 percent of Americans have interacted with companies or institutions on at least one social media network.
- 41 percent of Americans say it’s important that the institutions they engage with have a strong social media presence.
- Of those Americans who have a social media account, 28 percent would rather engage with a brand/organization on social media than visit a physical location.
- 56 percent of U.K. adults with a social media account agree that customer service via social media has made it easier to get questions and concerns resolved.
- A colossal 50 million businesses use Facebook Pages.
- More than 2 million advertisers regularly use Facebook to market their business.
- Twitter users are three times as likely as Facebook users to follow a brand, with 49 percent of monthly Twitter users following brands or companies.
- Instagram has the highest per follower engagement rate of any of the major social networks at 2.3 percent.
- Instagram users are 2.5 times more likely to click on ads than users on other social media platforms.
- Every day on Pinterest, nearly 2 million people Pin rich product Pins, which include real time pricing, availability, and information about where to buy the product.
- An impressive 58 percent of college students would be likely to purchase a brand’s product or service if they were sent a coupon on Snapchat.
- YouTube has over one billion users.
- YouTube reaches more 18 to 34 and 18 to 49-year-olds than any cable network in the U.S.
Top 5 reasons why Social Media Marketing is so important
- You want to be where your target audience is, and your target audience is on Social Networks.
- Social media channels are an effective way of increasing a company’s trustworthiness and goodwill.
- Effective Social Media campaigns can have a remarkable influence on your search engine rankings.
- Customer engagement is the most important benefit of social media marketing. You can retain your existing client base while increasing your brand’s credibility.
- You can get your clients feedback in real time.
Social Media Marketing is a must for every business large or small.
Contact me today at 1-647-786-7803 and let me help you build your Social Media campaign.